2016-2017 Season Registration
New for 2016-2017 Season
1. Payment may be made by cash or cheque at the arena on April 2, 9, 16 and 23.
2. Payment may be made by cheque thru the mail or by e-transfer to the account email@example.com
3. Any Major penalty (5 minutes plus ejection from the game) will result in an automatic minimum 1 game suspension, as per Hockey Canada Rules and Guidelines.
1. The play will be blown dead with any contact to the goalie’s head by puck or stick.
2. Contact with the goalie when she has the puck covered will result in a minor penalty.
3. No slap shots are allowed. Full equipment, including full face shields and neck guards, must be worn.
1. There will be no byes.
2. Players will be able to miss 10 games and still be eligible for playoffs.
3. We will be enforcing the rule that a maximum of 4 people may sign up together. Please check with the people you are signing up with before putting their names on your form. If you have any questions regarding this, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Team lists will be sent out by way of a mass e-mail blast, so please ensure your e-mail address is legible on your application form.
If there are players that you do not wish to be on a team with, please list the names on the back of your registration form. Changes will not be made after the teams have been created.
What is the Women’s Hockey Club of Toronto?
The Women’s Hockey Club of Toronto (WHCT) is a recreational women’s ice hockey league for women age 18 and over. We are a lesbian and gay positive league and welcome all players regardless of skill level -- beginners just learning to play hockey, mid-range players and experienced players. We have 12 teams, with each team comprised of 15 players, including the goalie.Each team is comprised of a mix of players from all levels with every attempt made to balance the teams.
When & Where We Play
The season runs fromSeptember 17, 2016 to April 22, 2017. Each team will play 22 regular season games and a minimum of 3 playoff games. Games are played on Saturday night with the first game starting at 5pm and the last game starting at 10pm. Each game is 50 minutes in length. All games are played at Moss Park Arena, located at the corner of Queen St. East and Sherbourne St. in downtown Toronto.
Please note: To qualify for the playoffs you must play at least 12 games in the regular season. It is your responsibility to sign the game sheet to ensure that your attendance at each game is counted.
WOMEN’S HOCKEY CLUB OF TORONTO 2016-2017
To keep our costs low, sweaters are re-used and must be returned at the end of each season.
IF YOUR SWEATER HAS NOT BEEN RETURNED FROM THE PREVIOUS SEASON, YOU WILL NOT BE ELIGIBLE TO PLAY UNTIL IT IS RETURNED.
What is the Cost to Play?
The cost is $325 per player (no charge for goalies). Payment must accompany your registration form.
If you withdraw before the teams are put together (before August 1, 2016), an administration fee of $50 will be charged.
If you withdraw between August 1 and December 31, 2016, and we are able to find a replacement from the waiting list, a partial refund will be given.
No refunds will be given to players who leave the league after December 31, 2016.
How Do I Register?
Bring your registration form to the arena during our game times on April 2, 9, 16 or 23, or mail it to the address
on the form.
Payment MUST accompany your registration form and the General Release and Code of Conduct must be signed for you to be accepted into the league.
Registration is on a first come first serve basis and a waitlist will be created once all spots have been paid for.
It is your responsibility to ensure that your registration form is received on time.
Opening Night Meeting
Schedules and team lists will be available at the opening meeting on a date and location to be determined. Check the website and/or Facebook page for more details.
Please forward all questions to: email@example.com